Saturday, June 1, 2013

Book Review: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars- Book 1) by Luke Romyn

Book Title:  Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars - Book 1)
Author:  Luke Romyn
Genre:  Sci-Fi/Historical/Mystery


This was yet another Indie Freebie.  I'm so glad there are so many independent authors finding their way into my Kindle!  I'm getting to read MANY different authors and MANY different genres, though I'm sure in the "genre" category it doesn't seem like it on the blog.  LOL

I really liked this book.. REALLY liked this book.  The characters, wow...  The characters are interesting, deeply thought out, funny and inspiring.  The bad guys...  well, they are GREAT bad guys!  Luke Romyn has taken Greek Mythology, a bloke from Australia and a Paleontologist and made a fast paced, emotion packed, rollercoaster ride!  Then on top of that, you also get a lesson in history.  I LOVE BOOKS THAT DO THIS!  

This is a unique book, in many senses of the word.  I mean, what would you do if you met Prometheus?  How about Zeus?  Hades himself?  Are they even real?  Could our own government know of an existence beyond where they DO exist?  Such an intriguing book I had to immediately buy the second book in the series!  So, first one's free... second one I actually paid for.  I think those that like Greek Mythology, mysteries, and a ticking time clock you have to beat, this is definitely a good read for you!

4 out of 5 Bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment