Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review: Virginia Creeper by Blaine Pardoe

Book Title:  Virginia Creeper
Book Author: Blaine Pardoe
Book Genre: Non-Fiction Horror


I have to admit this....  I have NEVER read a book, and have that book give me nightmares.  NEVER!  It actually took me more than two to three days to read this book. Which I burn through books pretty fast because I read so much and so many at a time. BUT, while reading this one, I literally had to put it down at times.  The visual images you get from this book are created by the fantastic telling of this true story.  Add to the fact that the characters were real people and the facts were taken from actual record, you get creeped out.  

The telling of the story, I'm sure, helped those who are still left after such a story has transpired.  The ritualistic ceremonies, the research into history to find the meanings of symbols, and the strangeness of things that happen, even to the author and his family.  


Virginia Creeper is the name of a plant that once it gets a hold of something to grow on to, is quite difficult to kill, thus is the way of the person in this story who cannot tell his secrets.  He can give you clues though!  Each one, making the case more and more creepier...  like a Virginia Creeper.  


Murder, Native American Rituals, Small Towns where everyone knows everything and going into the hardware store is an excuse to visit for the day, like the good 'ol days.  A big mountain with a history back to the colonial times...  


You like Horror... try this non-fiction on for size.  See if you can get a good night's sleep while you read it, knowing it's all true...


5 out 5 Bookmarks (Because I actually had nightmares!)

No comments:

Post a Comment