Friday, June 22, 2012

Book Review: Parched (A Paranormal Series)

Author:  Z L Arcadie
Book Title: Parched (Book 1 in Series)

As I began to read this book, I found myself a little confused and had to read sections over.  When I finally "got" it, I started to like it.

The characters were interesting and evolved quickly, as did the plot.  The storyline was told well, and had some interesting turns that simply were not expected.

The title of the book I feel I can indulge without spoiling the book.  "Parched" refers to the way a vampire feels once he/she has been turned from their human form into a vampire.  They're constantly thirsty AKA "Parched".

The relationships in this book brings into question some of the relationships in religion that may have been pondered through the years, which I find makes it more interesting.  There is no pomp and circumstance in favor of or against one religion.  There is definitely no dogma regarding religion at all, but somehow our author has made it a central theme to the book.  I found as I got to the middle of the book, I was so entranced, I couldn't put the book down.  Once I finished I IMMEDIATELY bought the second book in the series and started reading it!

The characters in this book are dynamic, interesting enigmas!  The plot slowly unfolds but then turns the burners on quickly in a good way that compliments the character development.  I found the ending was a little predictable, but then a twist was thrown in that I wasn't expecting, and now I look forward to finding out the outcome in book 2.

Would I suggest to my friends?

YES!

4 out of 5 Bookmarks

M

No comments:

Post a Comment