Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Is Anyone Out There?

Hey y'all!

It's been vacation time for us in the Rechenmacher house.  Well, for me anyway!  My darling husband has been stuck at work, but I enjoyed time with my grandchildren and daughter last week.  Thus, reading was not on my agenda unless it was Dr. Seuss, Disney or coloring books!  Fun was had by all though, and there are some pictures on my Facebook page to prove it.

Meanwhile, back in the hotel where my hubby has to be in town, I sit by myself, re-reading books I've previously read and making notes on what my opinion is of them as I go along.  Therefore, you'll have *several* updates to this blog next week.  

I've also been getting some books from Pixels of Ink for my Kindles.  They offer Free Books on different days in different genres and different authors, allowing one to expand their universe further without expanding their pocketbook!  So, for our drive back home, I have plenty of reading material now!

If you've read "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness, you'll be glad to know the second book in the trilogy is now available called "Shadow of Night: A Novel".  I've read it and will give a full report on it, after I review the previous book for you.  Wouldn't want to give things out of order now, would I?

I am a fan of HBO's "True Blood", and since most movies are usually a let down from the actual books, I've decided to start reading Charlaine Harris' series which started the whole thing wondering if the series is true to the book.  So far, the first book is almost verbatim to the first season, which pleases me.  Because if there is one way to tick off a following of your book series, it's to have someone take it, and turn into something you didn't mean for it to be.  Such as happened to my daughter's beloved "Vampire Diaries".  She's lamented since the beginning about how they changed main character names, places, and how the storyline and plots veered so very off from the book series that it's simply pointless to call the series what it is on TV because that's not what the author has actually written.  She's offered me her books to read, to prove her point, but I truly believe her.  Such is the right of those who purchase the right from the author.  However, I've not found anything I dislike yet, so I shall trudge on until I can lament with her about "True Blood", as once I buy a season and watch it, she borrows it and watches it too.  Therefore, my daughter and I shall exchange books and DVDs!  LOL

On the horizon, I'm going to be reviewing one of my FAVORITE authors, though don't tell him that, he might get all prim and proper with his *English* self ;)   Andrew Chapman has written some very unique "paranormal" books that I actually like as they aren't your run of the mill kind of read!  It was refreshing to finally get an author that thought "out of the box" when concerning the paranormal.  Therefore, I'm re-reading his series and hoping upon all hopes he gets a promised third book out, and soon!  I'm waiting with baited breath!  As soon as I review "Pagan" and "Crusader" you'll know why!

With so many books to read I guess I should get to it!  I'm making notes as I go and look forward to sharing them with you... but who are you?  Are you enjoying my reviews?  Is there something you'd like to see change that would help you, the reader, be able to pick your future reading material better?  Let me know someone is out there so I don't think I'm just talking to the many voices already in my head!  

Happy Reading Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment