Thursday, July 19, 2012

Review of:  "Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel" By Charlaine Harris

Genre: Adult, Paranormal

Well, as stated in my previous post, the beginning of the book pretty much started out to look like the first season of "True Blood" from HBO.  However, there were definitely characters that HBO added that Ms. Harris didn't.  I liked that it was similar, however, because I am a loyal watcher of the show, I'm afraid it's warped my ability to properly review the book, as I'm finding myself constantly wanting to review the show instead.

I will say this; I'm *VERY* glad that Ms. Harris wrote the Sookie Stackhouse novels and continues to do so.  Even though they aren't like what is on Television, I found I loved reading the material and the story line was good, if not a little slow occasionally.  The book isn't exactly like TV, but when adapted, what book ever is?  It's kind of nice to have all those characters to already have faces and hear their southern drawls.  BUT, I don't think it will continue, thus I will read on...  I will let you know if the drama changes versus the television.  At some point they must become dissimilar, yes?

4 out of 5 Bookmarks

M

No comments:

Post a Comment