Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review: Born to Darkness Book 1 in the Immortal Destiny Series

Book Title:  Born to Darkness  (Book 1 in the Immortal Destiny Series)
Author:  Lorraine Kennedy
Genre:  Paranormal/Romance


Honestly, I'm not out there looking for romances, they're just finding me lately!  ;)  

This is yet another "original spin" on the "Vampire/Human/Werewolf/Afterlife" theme.

The characters are relate-able and at times scary, as they should be!  The premise is an ancient vampire mates with human women, three of them give birth to three daughters, who don't know their father is an ancient vampire.

The basis for this is the belief that vampires are actually a "species" who were expelled from the "place of light" and become night dwellers.  The plan is a group of people called the "Light Seekers" are trying to find out how to get they're lives back into the light.  Wonderful take on the vampire genre! 

I had problems with grammatical and punctual errors in this book, which had me trying to guess what the author was intending to say or do.  I was really shocked by just how many errors there were.  Luckily it didn't take away from the story too much so that I didn't want to continue on with reading the next book in the series.  I do hope it improves though, as it does start to get to you after a while.

Yes, I would recommend this book!


3 out of 5 Bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment