Monday, March 4, 2013

Book Review: Marked By Moonlight (Moon Chasers Book 1) By Sharie Kohler


Book Title:  Marked By Moonlight (Moon Chasers Series Book 1)
Author:  Sharie Kohler (AKA Sophie Jordan)
Genre:  Paranormal Romance


I'm impressed by the characters in this book, and so far, the series.  I've also recently found out that there are SIX books in this series and I've read them out of order.  The good thing is, out of order isn't all that bad. 

Gideon, at the age of sixteen, watches his parents die, and on this night his life is spared by a man named "Cooper".  His mother had been turned into a Lycan and upon her turning has brutally fed upon his father.  His sister, Kit, also witnesses the act, but is half Gideon's age.

Gideon devotes his entire life to destroying Lycan with Cooper.  Until one night, in an alley, a young man begs him to help the woman he's just bitten, Miss Morgan, his English Teacher.

From there a story unique in nature as well as romance begins.  I was impressed by how well it was written and layers of each character were explained as they go along this journey of saving her life.  This is a new take on the Lycan and it's Hunter.  There are emotional ups and down, but the vividness of detail helps in seeing the story fold out in your head.  Also being the first book in this series, this book is setting the "tone" for the rest of series.  We learn a lot of back-story to the Lycans as well as the Hunters that are all over the world.  We learn how people become infected and other things about Lycans that are not only interesting but have something to do with something else down the road in the series.

Now that I realize I've read them out of order, this is indeed BOOK 1, however I need to get 2 through 4!  I inadvertently read 5 and 6!  So, I'll keep those reviews until later.  This is one of those times though, where I would like to point out that having the number of the book in your series somewhere in the title helps the reader.  I couldn't find what number I was on, and this is why I read them out of order.  Had there been a clear "book 1", "book 2", in the descriptions when I was purchasing them, it would have made life much easier!

I highly recommend this book if you like Paranormal Romance.  The sex scenes are definitely "R" rated, so this wouldn't be for your Y/A audience.

4 out of 5 Bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment